Craving for sugar is hard to resist. But, do you know that it wreaks an absolute havoc on your health and can lead to more health issues than you can ever think of.
It is simply a refined carbohydrate capable of inflicting undue damage in your body. So, how to avoid this pure, white and deadly stuff from our eatables? There are a few natural sweeteners that can replace sugar and taste equally good. Let us see why sugar is a sweet poison.
- Fructose is capable of creating AGEs or Advanced Glycation End Products which speed up the aging process.
- Fructose increases both your leptin as well as insulin levels and reduces the receptor sensitivity for both of these significant chemicals of our body as the result of which you not only begin to age faster but suffer from chronic degenerative diseases.
- It reduces your thinking abilities and have an adverse impact on your brain because this sweet poison leads to the accumulation of acids in the nervous system.
- High consumption of sugar leads to its deposition in the red blood cells as the result of which cell respiration is badly affected. When cells do not get enough oxygen to survive and they begin to die which lead to degenerative diseases.
- Regular consumption of sugar is responsible for making your body acidic as the result of calcium is leached from the bones and teeth to maintain the acid imbalance.
- Surplus sugar gets stored in the liver and then begin to get deposited in the inactive areas of our body like thighs and belly.
Natural Sweeteners That Can Replace Sugar
This is one of the most wonderful natural sweeteners that taste same as sugar, but do not harm your body anyway. It is made from the nectar of flowers collected by bees and contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants that benefit our body and boosts up our immunity.
Produced from an herbal plant, stevia is available in the dry powder form in the market or you can get its liquid extract too. The best thing about stevia is that it decreases the food cravings for sweets and unhealthy fats. It is due to this reason that stevia is used by the diabetic and obese.
Harvested from the agave plants grown in Mexico, agave is a natural sweetener that does not harm your body anyway. It is three times sweeter than the table sugar and hence required in negligible amount.