Owing to their sedentary lifestyles and erratic diet, today there are more people who complain of constipation than ever. However, the good news is constipation can be easily relieved if you tweak your diet and follow certain remedies. If you want to make a world of difference to remain fit, active & vibrant throughout the day, just follow these tips.
Why Do You Suffer From Constipation?
Lack of Fiber in Diet:
Needless to say, one of the main reasons of constipation is the lack of fiber in your diet. People who fill their stomachs with packaged meals and fast foods become the likely victims of constipation. Dietary fibers are obtained from the plants which cannot be digested in your intestinal tract. Fibers contained in the veggies bind water to the digested food in the large intestine and make the stools softer and bulkier and therefore it becomes easy to pass them on.
Lack of Friendly Bacteria in The Intestine:
The other major reason for constipation is the lack of friendly bacteria in the intestine. The small intestine is the region where most of your food gets digested. Enzymes and bacteria of the small intestine break down most of the food. If you are taking antibiotics the friendly bacteria of your intestine get killed resulting in constipation. If such is the case with you, you should try these foods that can build friendly bacteria and relieve you from the constipation.
• Dark greens
• Wheat grass
• Micro Algae
Foods That Relieve Constipation:
There are several foods, especially green leafy veggies which should be incorporated in the diet to relieve you from constipation. Apart from that, dates, grapes, figs, papayas, soybeans, turnips, coconut, parsley, pineapple are a few foods that ease constipation. All the foods high in fiber are considered to be the best food and natural treatment for the constipation.
Home Remedies to Treat Constipation:
• Take at least 10 glasses of water daily (preferably lukewarm).
• Triphala is one of the most effective herbal remedies to treat constipation. It is a laxative and has a high nutritive value.
• Drink a glass of warm water before going to bed.
• If you have been a chronic patient of constipation, you must take two teaspoons of castor oil in a glass of milk
• Drink at least one liter of warm water in the morning and take a stroll.
• Take freshly squeezed lemon juice twice or thrice a day.
• Take two spoonfuls of aloe gel daily.