Know what? Your feet are the worst sufferer of monsoon. The beauty of your feet matters to you and you want them to look great.
If you do not take a proper care of them, your feet are likely to suffer from the bacterial and fungal infection. That apart, you may also suffer from leptospirosis. Read on to find out how to maintain the beauty of the feet during monsoon.
How to Take Care of Your Feet During Monsoon?
- Try washing your feet 2-3 times using warm water. This will remove the muck that is likely to be put on. You can consider doing mini pedicure at home. All you need to do is to dip your feet in lukewarm water and a little shampoo (to make the desired foam) along with a tbsp of olive oil. Dip your feet for 10 minutes in the solution. Exfoliate your feet using a foot scrubber.
- Pat your feet dry with a soft towel and take care to remove all the water between your feet because any water left there may cause fungal infection.
- If your feet are prone to infection, then use a few leaves of Margosa and holy basil to make a paste. Mix a tbsp of basil leaves and apply this paste in between your toes. You can also use anti fungal powder which is easily available in the medical stores.
- Stop wearing nylon socks and switch to the cottons. Remove them when they are wet and pat your feet dry.
- Your feet are likely to smell awful when they remain wet most of the times. To overcome this problem, mix a few drops of rose oil with lavender oil with milk and lukewarm water. Dip your feet in this mixture for some time.
- Refrain from walking bare feet on the wet floor.
- Apply moisturizer thoroughly on your feet before going to bed.
What Kind of Footwear Should You Wear?
- For monsoons, use a footwear made up of either rubber or plastic.
- Avoid wearing boots or the footwear which covers your feet thoroughly. You should wear an open footwear where so that no water accumulates in your feet. If your feet remain dry you would not suffer from fungal infection. Go for open sandals or floaters to keep your feet comfy.
- Abstain from wearing high heels during rains as you are likely to slip when it is all wet. Also, make sure that the footwear you are wearing has a strap.
- Make sure that your footwear is super dry when you wear it.
How to Clean Toe Nails?
Your toe nails accumulate muck be careful to clean them thoroughly to prevent bacterial infection.
- Dip your nail in the hydrogen peroxide solution. This will keep your nails clean and prevent any type of infection.
- It is better not to grow nails during monsoons. Cut them and clean them thoroughly.
- To clean the cuticle of your nails, apply moisturizer on them, this will soften them and you can easily cut and file them thereafter.
How to do Pedicure at Home?
If you cannot afford to go to the parlor, you can manage to do pedicure at home.
- Take lukewarm water in a tub, mix a tbsp of shampoo, a few drops of lime juice and a tbsp of olive oil. Dip your feet in the solution for 15-20 minutes. Scrub your feet thoroughly to remove the dead skin from them.
- Pat them dry and apply moisturizer.
How to Prepare a Foot Mask?
Just like your face mask, foot mask can also be prepared at home. Mix 4 tbsp of fuller’s earth with 2 drops of lavender oil/jasmine oil and a teaspoonful of turmeric powder. Also, mix dry margosa powder and make a thick paste. Apply this paste all over your feet and wash thoroughly once it is dried. Massage with olive oil after that. This will keep your feet well-nourished.
Important to Remember:
Your feet become vulnerable to swelling during monsoon. Dip your feet in the solution of alum and warm water for 15-20 minutes and repeat doing this for 3-4 times a week.