Being a mother for the first time is one of the most wonderful experience any woman can ever have. But, breastfeeding is something that a first time mother is apprehensive about.
Then there are certain women who have difficulty producing sufficient milk for their new natals. Let us have a quick look at some of the benefits of breastfeeding and some of the unknown facts attached to it.
Colostrum Produced by the Mother is the Most Nutritious Feed
- Colostrum is a substance that the mother produces from the birth till the time breasts get filled with milk.
Mother’s Body Produces Milk as Per Her Baby Needs
- Body of a mother is designed to produce milk as per her baby needs. If her baby needs more milk, more milk will be produced and the production decreases when the baby does not need more.
Breastfeeding Helps You Retain Pre-pregnancy Size
- Breastfeeding is a wonderful way to lose weight. When you begin to breastfeed and continue doing it for 6 months your womb is likely to return to its pre-pregnancy size.
Breastfeeding is Not a Natural Contraceptive
- There are certain people who believe that breastfeeding is a natural contraceptive. But, it is not true. You should continue using contraceptive when you breastfeed.
Mothers Should Empty Both of their Breasts During Feeding
- Mothers should make sure to empty both of their breasts during feeding. They should offer both their breasts while feeding their babies. If they do not do so, they are likely to suffer from Mastitis, which is an infection caused by clogged milk duct.
Do Not Offer Only the Tip of the Nipple:
- You should not offer only the tip of the nipple to your babies. Offer them some of the areola. This is a dark area attached to the nipple. Be very careful to offer them areola as they have a small mouth only.
Babies Are Born With the Instinct to Suck:
- Babies are born with the natural reflex to suck.
Babies Immature Gut is Meant to Digest Mother’s Milk
- A neonatal immature gut and not so active stomach is able to digest mother’s milk well. Feeding your baby with a bottle milk may lead to stomach upset and other digestive issues.
Everyone should be aware of the benefits of breastfeeding. Breast augmentation may cause difficulties in breastfeeding. There is no other feed like breast milk to a newborn. But, you should be very careful about maintaining the cleanliness of your breasts. Help your new born feed the most nutritious diet on earth!