The natural goodness of olive oil has made it useful for the people of all ages. The oil is required not only for healthy cooking, but it is also an integral part of beauty regimen.
After recent researches, several other benefits of olive oil have come to the fore. A rich content of anti-oxidants found in olive oil makes it useful for diversified purposes. Let us have a quick look at some of the unknown benefits of olive oil.
Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil:
Olive oil not only gives a complete skin care, but it is a solution for most of the issues pertaining to beauty.
- Mix 3-4 drops of olive oil in lime juice and apply it all over your face to get rid of wrinkles. Continue doing this four days a week and you are sure to get great results. You can mix sandalwood powder also with olive oil.
- For radiant skin, massage your face and all exposed areas with olive oil before going to bed. You will get a fair skin tone and absolutely radiant skin.
- If you want to get rid of tanned skin, apply olive oil all over your face and go for steaming.
- Mix a few drops of olive oil in a tbsp of sugar to make home scrub, rub your dark knees and elbows with this scrub.
- Olive oil can also be used as make up remover.
- Mix a few drops of honey with olive oil and apply it over dry, chapped and lifeless lips to rejuvenate them.
- Massage your hair thoroughly with olive oil to prevent dandruff.
- Olive oil is an excellent conditioner for your hair. Regular application of olive oil makes your hair soft and silky.
- Apply olive oil all over your hair after coloring them. By doing so, your hair would not be affected by the harmful dyes.
- If your nails are brittle, dip your hands in olive oil for some time to make them stronger.
- Also, if your nails are hard and do not appear good, you can massage your nails with olive oil. This will make them soft and healthy.
Health Benefits of Olive Oil:
- Olive oil strengthens our immune system and prepares our body to fight several diseases.
- The oil is used for healthy cooking because it is good for heart patients. It has both saturated and monounsaturated fat that can fight with several heart ailments. Polyphenols found in olive oil is good for the heart.
- Massage of olive oil brings sure shot respite to the patient of osteoporosis.
- To control obesity, you should eat foods cooked in olive oil only.
- Its regular application relieves mothers from the post-pregnancy stretch marks.
- Sprinkle olive oil over salad to enhance its taste.
- In place of butter you can use olive oil over bread.