Lethargy, weight gain, stress and lack of motivation are some of the common problems with women when they reach menopause.
However, if you want to stay, young and vibrant after menopause, you should know what exactly it is and what sort of changes your body undergoes when you attain the age of menopause.
What is Menopause? A Quick Look:
Last day of the year when your menstrual cycle stops is known as menopause. Attaining menopause manifests that woman is no more reproductive and has stopped producing eggs. The bodies of the women undergo a drastic change and they tend to lose their vitality after menopause.
Body of a woman produces Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) that initiates the process of ovulation. But, after a certain age (normally after 45-50) supply of the eggs that a woman’s body produces begins to exhaust. The FSH does not simply accept the fact that there is no ovulation and therefore it begins to produce more eggs. It is due to this reason that there is a lesser production of estrogen, which is responsible for emotional and physical changes.
Common Issues After Menopause:
It is true that the whole body undergoes an arduous physiological change after menopause. Here are some of the common issues faced by women after the menopause.
- Short temper
- Lack of sleep
- Physical exhaustion
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Elevated blood pressure levels
What You Need to Do to Stay Vibrant After Menopause?
- The worst affected would be your bones. So, take a diet rich in calcium. Take plenty of eggs, milk, bananas, nuts etc. You should try to expose yourself more to the sunlight to ensure getting the right amount of Vitamin D.
- You are highly susceptible to weight gain and therefore you should try cutting down fat completely.
- Take a diet rich in fibers. Include a lot of veggies, fresh fruits and whole grains in your diet.
- Needless to say that you should keep yourself well-hydrated (drink at least 10 glasses).
- Do not forget to monitor your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- You are susceptible to breast and cervical cancer, so, make sure that you go for Pap Smear and a Mammogram.
- Keep your heart healthy by taking more fish (a good source of omega 3 fatty acids).
- A large number women face the problem of bleeding after menopause, which is pretty dangerous. If this happens to you, make sure to visit gynecologist.
Time waits for none. This is true enough. But, it does not mean that you should stop feeling good, confident and stop looking good once you reach the age of menopause. Just follow the above given tips to stay fit, vibrant and energetic.