You are what you eat! If you can take care of your daily diet and particular about what you eat, you would look and feel great. Healthy eating habits go a long way to keep you fit, young, active and agile. So, what if you are health conscious and find it hard to resist the temptation of pizzas and burgers. What do you do?
Now, you do not have to compromise on your health and can have your favorite food as well. Let us have a quick look at certain tips to make pizzas, burgers and favorite food healthy.
What All You Need?
Fast foods are known for their low nutritive value and therefore they can harm your health. Give wings to your imagination and try to be innovative. Make use of pulses, whole grain cereals, lentils, nuts and seeds to make them healthy. Avoid using excessive oil and spices and cook them on low flame. Let us see how to make your favorite foods healthy.
Yum… Noodles are great to taste. Aren’t they? Instead of buying refined flour noodles, buy whole wheat noodles from the market.
- Chop a lot of capsicum, beans, cabbage and leaves of different vegetables into fine pieces.
- Take only a spoonful of cooking oil on a non-stick pan and cook them in steam, take them out when they are semi cooked.
- Now cook the noodles in boiling salty water for 5-10 minutes, drain the water and run the noodles over cold water. Mix a pinch of salt and grounded black pepper (one of the best antioxidants) and lemon juice. Keep them aside.
- Take a deep frying pan, pour 2-spoonfuls of cooking oil and put semi-cooked veggies, mix black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt and other spices as per your taste. Put the noodles in this and stir thoroughly. Mix vinegar and the healthy noodles are ready to serve!
Patties are all-time favorite healthy snack. But, those who want to maintain healthy eating habits, try to avoid them strictly. Now have a stomach full of your favorite snack without worrying about your health. Here’s how you can make it healthy.
- Mix whole wheat flour into the usual refined flour taken to prepare patties.
- Do not take boiled potatoes as fillers. Try using semi grounded sprouts that are full of proteins, Vitamin B and C. They contain high-dietary fibers and keep your digestive track healthy. Mix cayenne pepper, lemon juice and other spices of your choice.
- You can also take chopped French beans and carrots. Make them spicy and use them as fillers.
- Instead of deep-frying patties, grill them and serve them hot.
You are a die hard fan of pizzas and think that it cannot be a part of a healthy diet. Right? But you are mistaken. Try to make pizzas that are low in saturated fats and loaded with veggies & fresh fruits. It can be a wholesome and healthy stuff if you follow certain tips.
- The whole-wheat pizza dough that is full of fibers and is easily available in the supermarkets.
- Do not use mozzarella and consider using a regular cheese that is lower in cholesterol and saturated fat.
- Apart from using capsicum, onions and other similar fresh veggies, you can use pears, pineapples and apples too.
- Not only this, you can go innovative further and consider using bacon, asparagus, eggs etc.
Also read: http://secretsinhealth.com/eat-pizzas-for-the-health-reasons/
Made up of refined flour and high in trans fat, despite the fact that it is super tasty, people avoid them for the sake of their hearts. Now, make the burgers heart-healthy and low in calories:
- Buy whole wheat buns from the market.
- Fill it with lettuce leaves, boiled potatoes, finely chopped beans and spinach, sprouts etc.
- Instead of using tomato sauce, try using tomato puree made at home from fresh tomatoes.
- You can consider using mushrooms, low fat cheese, tofu etc. as fillers.
Cakes and Cookies:
Cakes and cookies available in the market are high in refined sugar and are made up of refined flour therefore consider making them at home using whole wheat flour and healthy sugar alternative like honey. Use a lot of nuts and seeds. You can use almonds, raisins, cashew nuts etc. to make them super healthy.
Always remember, that key to a healthy eating is to go green and avoid trans fat of the junk foods. Keep all the green veggies, fresh fruits and whole-wheat flour with you. Consider grilling, boiling and baking instead of frying and cooking for a long time. When you do so, you do not have to think twice before gulping down your favorite foods and do not have to suffer from the guilt of eating unhealthy. It is all in your hands! Incorporate pizzas and noodles in your diet without ruining your healthy eating habits.