Are dark elbows and knees ruining your self-esteem? If yes, stop concealing your dark knees and elbows and go trendy. There are certain home remedies that cost you nothing and lighten your dark elbows and knees in a couple of weeks.
Before we discuss what to do and how to lighten these zones, let us first see what makes your elbows and knees dark.
WHAT MAKES YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES DARK?
Needless to say, darkened elbows and knees are the result of improper hygiene and negligence towards personal care. Apart from this, flawed postures, leaning and sitting, deposits of pollutants etc. Both our elbows and knees have multiple skin folds that lead to several layers of the dry skin more on just outside the joint as the result of which the entire area begins to look awful.
TRY NOT DOING THIS TO LIGHTEN YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES:
The market is flooded with a range of skin whitening products, try not using these products on your elbows and knees. The harmful ingredients contained in these products make these areas photosensitive as the result of which they begin to grow darker with each passing day. Once your skin becomes sensitive you may never see it improving.
WHAT IS THE RIGHT SOLUTION, THEN?
To lighten dark skin on your knees and elbows, you need to exfoliate them regularly and moisturize them on a regular basis. Using certain ingredients available in your kitchen you can lighten these areas safely and begin to see results in a matter of days.
HOME REMEDIES FOR MAKING YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES LIGHTER
- Lemon is a natural bleach. Take juice of some freshly-squeezed lemons and mix rose water in it. Due to its bleaching properties, lemon can whiten these areas effectively. If some day you forget to follow this regime, you can just rub lemon peels over these areas before you go to bed. Importantly, lemon juice is photosensitive, so do not consider applying it and moving out in the sun.
- Hydrogen peroxide which you use for rinsing your mouth has an excellent bleaching properties. It is used for curing discoloration and therefore it is used in the skin whitening products. To make your elbow and knee skin lighter, apply hydrogen peroxide over your elbows and knees. Continue repeating and you would be able to see results in a couple of weeks.
- Make a paste of milk-cream, a pinch of turmeric and mint extract, Apply this paste on the darkened areas overnight and rinse off. Consider doing this for a week and you will see results in a few days.
- To exfoliate the skin of these areas, prepare the paste of gram/oat flour and mix it with yoghurt and honey. Make the paste viscous and apply it over the affected areas. Remove it when dry and rinse off with cold water.
- Mix coconut oil with a tablespoonful of baking powder (used for making cookies and cakes). Apply this all over the affected areas. Rinse off once it is dry.
- A very effective treatment to lighten elbow and knees is to make a paste of milk cream, a dash of turmeric, and 3 drops of basil leaf extract. Put on this paste on the darkened regions and leave it overnight and wash off next morning. Repeat for a week to find great results.