All those pretty women who have a hitch wearing their favorite sleeveless due to their dark underarms, need not worry.
With a help of certain natural remedies they can get rid of dark under arms and the awful smell emanating from them. But, prior to discussing dark underarms treatment, let us have a quick look at what causes them.
Why Your Under Arms Get Darkened?
Your arms will be darkened, if you:
- Shave frequently
- Sweat profusely
- Use strong and fragrant-rich deodorant often (It has high content of alcohol)
Useful Tips to Get Rid of Dark Under Arms:
- Rub a lemon slice on your armpit for 15-20 minutes and leave it. Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Strictly avoid using deodorants and try using alum powder. This is an effective dark under arms treatment.
- Baking powder is a natural skin whitener and rubbing it on your armpit before taking bath helps.
- Apply an oil rich in Vitamin E olive/almond on your armpit after taking shower.
- Wash your armpit thoroughly using coconut oil.
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice with a one pinch of turmeric powder and apply the mixture thoroughly on your underarms. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash thoroughly with cold water.
How to Get Rid of Under Arms Odor?
Once this dark under arm treatment works you need to improve the awful odor that emanates from your under arms.
- Wash your underarms using antibacterial soaps and keep your hair shaved and trimmed.
- Avoid eating onions and garlic. These two foods can make you sweat more and have an awful smell.
- Wear comfortable, loose and cotton clothes. There are certain fabrics which smell horribly when get mixed with sweat.
- Make it a point to drink more water. This will regulate your body temperature and dilutes the sweat.
- Before going to bed, you need to either white vinegar or alcohol and take a shower in the morning. This is an effective dark under arms treatment.
- Try using anti-fungal powders. They eliminate the odor naturally.