Quite surprising that despite the statutory warning on all cigarette packs, people do not quit smoking. Nicotine addiction is hard to resist.
If it is a pathway to emphysema, cancer and a number of health issues, let us check out some safe and effective home remedies that can help you stop smoking.
- Mix a tablespoonful of fresh grated radish with 2 teaspoonfuls of honey. Drink it daily for a couple of weeks to get rid of the smoking habit.
- High alkaline foods like fresh fruits specially grape seed extract helps repair the damage done by nicotine to your lungs.
- Baking soda is another effective remedy to curb nicotine addiction. Dissolve two tablespoonfuls of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in a glassful of water and drink this solution with all the meals you take. You will find the difference in a month or so.
- Chew a licorice stick that is absolutely harmless and can prove to be a great substitute for cigarettes.
- A blend of peppermint, golden seal, green oats etc. are all good and natural remedies to treat nicotine addiction.
- Chewing a licorice stick is a good substitute for a cigarette.
- Squeeze juice of fresh grapes and drink it every morning to curb nicotine addiction.
- When you try to quit smoking, you are likely to come across the problems like nausea. To check this problem, you should consume ginger roots that checks this problem.
- You can get rid of nicotine craving by trying cayenne pepper. It works as an antioxidant and soothes lining of your lungs so that they do not get injured further. Not only this your craving for smoking more is alleviated by the spicy taste of this herb.
- Mix cream of tartar in a glassful of orange juice and drink it to curb your longing for nicotine. Whenever you feel like smoking, drink this mixture.
- Drinking loads of water when you quit smoking checks the withdrawal symptoms.
- Consume more green tea, chlorophyll and apple cider vinegar to get rid of the toxins accumulated by smoking over the years.