Oppressive heat and humidity during the summer season make you look for the summer drinks desperately that can keep you cool. This summer beat the heat by preparing these refreshing and healthy summer drinks at home and say no to carbonated drinks & artificial fruit juices which do more harm than good to your health.
Use fresh spices and homegrown herbs to make these drinks and enjoy them on a hot summer day.
Fruity Mint Slush:
Fragrance of homegrown mint entices you? Use it for making a perfectly refreshing drink.
- Three fresh leaves of mint and a few more for the purpose of garnishing.
- Three frozen strawberries.
- One tbsp of lime juice
- One cup of cubes of pineapple
- One-fourth cup of red seedless grapes (frozen)
- One-fourth cup of unsweetened apple sauce
Combine the apple sauce, red grapes and lime juice in a blender to make a smoothie. Add mint leaves, pineapple cubes, strawberries and pulse unit fruits. Finally garnish it with mint leaves.
- One and half cup of frozen strawberries
- Half cup of sliced ginger
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Two cups of water
- Four cups of sugar or its healthier alternative
- One cup of chopped fresh mint.
- One cup of white balsamic vinegar
Boil the mixture of sugar and water over high heat or in a medium pan till the sugar gets dissolved. Add lemon juice, ginger, mint and strawberries. Bring the mixture to boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, keep on stirring, Bring it to cool and then strain the fruits. Now, let the syrup stand at the room temperature overnight. Serve with ice.
Refreshing Aam Pana (Mint and mango combo)
- Boiled raw mangoes (2-3)
- Black pepper, salt and sugar
- Water and ice cubes
Take out the pulp of boiled raw mangoes. Mash it thoroughly, till smooth. Add, black pepper, grounded mint (extract of mint), and a tbsp of rock salt and a bit of sugar and stir well. Fill the glass with water, put a few ice cubes and garnish with fresh mint.
- 4-5 lemons
- 2 tbsp of white sugar or sugar alternative
A UNIQUE WAY TO PREPARE LEMONADE:
Peel the rinds of lemon into small pieces and set them aside in a bowl. Sprinkle some sugar over them. Wait for an hour and let the sugar begins to soak up oils of the lemons. Now, bring some water to boil and pour it over these sugared lemon rinds. Now, squeeze these lemons into another bowl and pour the entire juice into a sugary mixture. Keep the pitcher in the refrigerator, garnish with sliced lemons and serve with ice cubes.
Refreshing Melon Margarita
- Half cup of white sugar
- Three strips of orange zest
- Two cups of cubed seeded watermelon
- One-fourth cup of lime juice
- Salt/sugar for the rimming glasses
- One lime that is cut into wedges
- Crushed ice.
Boil, half cup of sugar, orange zest and water in a small saucepan to boil and stir constantly. Simmer till the sugar gets dissolved. It takes 5 minutes approximately. Now remove this syrup from heat and bring it to cool.
Make watermelon puree in a blender, stir the puree into a large pitcher with simple syrup, lime juice and tequila. Place a little amount of sugar/salt into a saucer and rub the edges of Margarita glasses with the wedges of lemon. This will moisten them. Remove the excess sugar and salt. Fill the rimmed glasses with crushed ice, pour the melon margarita and garnish with lemon wedges. Super cool! Super refreshing!
Cool Cucumber and Lime Combo:
- Two large cucumbers, peeled, chopped and seeded
- One-third cup of white sugar or its alternative.
- Lime juice
- Water and crushed ice.
Mix the chopped cucumbers, lemon juice, water and white sugar in a blender and puree it, till smooth and uniform. Garnish it with sliced lemons and cucumbers and serve when it is coolest.
Fusion of Lemon and Grapes:
- Three cups of white grape extract (unsweetened)
- Two cups of lemon flavored carbonated drink
- Half cup of fresh lemon juice
- One lemon, sliced into rounds
Place the lemon slices at the bottom of a large plastic container and freeze it. Once it is frozen, pour warm water to loosen it. Place the mixture in a punch bowl and pour in white grape and lemon juice. Stir the mixture gently and serve when cool.