It may be due to your old age when your cartilage becomes brittle and unable to repair itself or It may be due to your excessive weight that damages your joints, pain of arthritis become intolerable sometimes.
Thankfully, there are plenty of home remedies for arthritis that work wonders to bring the long-term respite you need. Let us check out 10 such remedies for arthritis.
- Consume cod liver or fish oil 2-3 times daily. They contain Omega 3’s that helps lubricate the joints and hence brings relief to the pain. But make sure that the brand you use contains no mercury.
- Black cherry juice a day is a perfect home remedy that gives you wonderful results. Take a single teaspoonful of concentrated cherry juice in water. Make sure that you take it along with food or ample amount of water as taking it empty stomach irritates your stomach lining. Also, it must be unsweetened.
- Take 2-4 cloves of garlic with lukewarm water on an empty stomach daily. Drinking radish juice every day brings the same relief.
- Make sure that you eat plenty of raw green veggies to reduce the pain. The ample amount of minerals in your diet helps you get rid of pain naturally. Take several servings of raw veggies daily. Always remember that eating raw is the key to keep arthritis at bay.
- If you are suffering from utter pain, then garlic will prove to be a boon for you. Warm the area affected with the help of a hot towel and then apply crushed garlic along with its juice on the area.
- Rub the painful joints and areas with castor oil in the morning and before you go to bed. It may take a few days, but there will be sure-shot respite from the pain.
- Veggie juice fast helps alleviating the pain. Take carrot/celery/ cabbage/tomato juice to get rid of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Use either ice in a plastic bag or a frozen pea bag. Apply it for 20 minutes and then remove for 15 minutes. The procedure should be repeated to bring relief.
- Raw potatoes have been used for curing arthritis for a long time. Take medium sized potatoes, make thin slices of them and keep them in a big glass filled with cold water overnight. Drink this water on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Keep fresh water in copper vessels and drink it in the morning. Dissolve traces of copper alleviate the arthritis pain.
There are several other home remedies for arthritis as well. Like taking calcium lactate thrice a day with warm water before milk, consuming soaked black sesame seeds and taking lime juice. But, leading an active life and exercising regularly is the best remedy for arthritis pain.