Lemon water is well known for its health benefits so let us not talk about it any more now. Hmmm..do you know that not only its juice, but its peels are equally beneficial to health?
In fact, its yellow skin contains much more vitamins and nutrients than the juice itself. If you are aware of fruit peels’ health facts, you must be knowing that the peels of fruits and veggies contain more nutrients so you should never throw them and eat them after washing thoroughly. Let us check 10 amazing benefits of lemon peels that you do not know.
- Grate the lemon peels and sprinkle over your smoothies as they are a great source of beta carotene, magnesium and calcium.
- This is the greatest source of dietary fiber so if you are chronic patient of constipation, just try to consume lemon peels as it contain 10.6 grams of dietary fiber.
- The peel contains bioflavonoids which lowers the oxidative stress.
- Consumption of lemon peels lowers the bad cholesterol levels and hence it is great for people with heart ailments.
- People suffering from osteoporosis, osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis must consume these peels as they contain calcium and Vitamin C.
- For stronger immunity you should be adding lemon rinds to your diet. This will let you fight a large number of infections.
- Lemon’s skin contains certain elements that help in eradicating toxic elements and hence it is useful for acne, pigmentation and other skin issues.
- The pectin in the skin of this fruit promotes weight loss.
- Salvestrol and limonene Q40 are some of the components found in the peels of lemon. These elements are helpful in fighting cancer cells.
- People suffering from gum or dental issues like scurvy or bleeding gums must consume lemons.
Apart from health benefits, lemon peels are natural and non toxic way to get rid of pests like ants, wasps, moths, flies etc.